The boundaries of attendance centers for each elementary school in the school district will be
established by the Board of Education, and all modifications or alterations in such boundaries will
be approved by the Board. The superintendent of schools may make recommendations to the Board
on the maintenance or alteration of established boundaries of attendance centers.
Some flexibility in the transfer of students is beneficial in order to attempt to address some of the
problems facing parents, students, and the schools. To this end, the Farmington R-7 School District
asks that all requests for transfers be submitted with due consideration given to the actual necessity
for that transfer.
1. Requests for transfers within the elementary district may be made at any time following the
last day of student attendance and prior to 3:00 p.m. the day of student enrollment.
2. A transfer may be initiated by a parent/guardian through the completion of an application
form, although this does not imply approval. An application must be submitted in order for
a transfer to be considered.
3. Transfers requested specifically by the school district to balance class loads will take
precedence over all requested transfers.
4. Balanced classroom loads must be maintained. A request will be denied if it would tend to
overload one school in comparison with another.
5. Students transferred to another school by the district will be eligible for transportation
services providing they live one mile or more from the school to which they are assigned.
Special service students will be eligible for transportation services if stated in IEP.
6. Transfers will be for a minimum of one year.
7. A transfer student can be guaranteed only a one-year stay. Transfers may have to be shifted
back to their home schools if the natural population of the school transferred to increases to
where there are no extra classroom slots.
8. After one year if the transfer student wishes to return to the home school a transfer request
must be resubmitted. If the transfer back to the home school is approved no future transfer
requests will be honored.
9. The decision to approve a transfer of a student to another building will be made by the
elementary administration in consultation with the Director of Transportation. Requests
which are denied by the elementary administration may, at the request of the parent/guardian,
be forwarded to the superintendent/Board of Education for reconsideration.
10. It is to be understood that all Farmington Elementary Schools offer essentially the same basic
programs. All schools utilize the same materials and textbooks and offer the same grades
to all patrons.
11. Federally funded programs that are specific to certain attendance centers such as Title 1, will
be maintained in the eligible attendance centers only. Funding amounts will be allocated in
compliance with state and federal requirements.
* * * * * * *
Note: The reader is encouraged to check the index located at the beginning of this section
for other pertinent policies and to review administrative procedures and/or forms for
Farmington R-7 School District, Farmington, Missouri
Top of Page