Students will be informed of the appropriate action to take in an emergency. Emergency drills for
fire, weather, and other disasters shall be conducted each school year in accordance with the
requirements of counties, municipalities, or fire protection districts in which district buildings are
located. In any case, a minimum of two (2) fire, two (2) tornado and two (2) bus evacuation drills
each shall be conducted regularly during the academic school year.
Each attendance center shall develop and maintain a written plan containing emergency and
disaster procedures. The plan will be communicated and reviewed with employees. The
emergency plan shall include:
1. Assignment of employees to specific tasks and responsibilities.
2. Instructions relating to the use of alarm systems and signals.
3. Specific provisions for warning and evacuation of individuals with specialized needs.
4. Information concerning methods of fire containment.
5. Systems for notification of appropriate persons and agencies.
6. Information concerning the location and use of firefighting equipment.
7. Specification of evacuation routes and procedures.
8. Posting of plans and procedures at suitable locations throughout the facility.
9. Evacuation drills which include the actual evacuation of individuals to safe areas.
10. An evaluation for each evacuation drill.
Notification of school closings due to inclement weather will be announced on local radio,
television stations and on the district's website.
Similar announcements will also be made if the opening of any or all schools will be delayed or
if any schools will be dismissed due to weather conditions and/or other emergencies.
On days when school is not in session because of inclement weather or other emergency closings,
there will be no student-related activities in the school buildings, unless approved by the
* * * * * * *
Note: The reader is encouraged to review policies and/or forms for related information in
this administrative area.
Hollister R-V School District, Hollister, Missouri
Top of Page