The following operational plan shall serve as implementing guidelines for the professional staff
salary schedule adopted by the Board of Education.
1. The professional staff will be employed by the Board based on the recommendation of the
2. The professional staff salary schedule is considered as a statement of policy rather than a
contract. Maintenance of the salary schedule is dependent on the local levy approvals and
continued state financial support.
3. The schedule is based on the training and experience embodying the principle of equal pay
for equal qualifications and for equal service, making no discrimination for organizational
level of assignment.
4. The professional salary schedule does not apply to extended contracts or extra-duty
5. Probationary teachers will be advanced on the schedule on evidence of satisfactory service.
Permanent teachers will be advanced on the schedule in accordance with state law.
6. Advancement on the schedule is contingent on the teacher's meeting specific requirements
of the schedule relative to professional development requirements. A teacher having 16
graduate hours qualifies for the intermediate salary schedule.
7. Any teacher who presents, prior to October 1 or February 1 within a contract year, an
official transcript of hours completed that qualifies the teacher for adjustment in contract
figure in keeping with schedule provision, is automatically entitled to such adjustment in
contract terms. Hours completed prior to October 1 qualify the teacher for the full amount
of the yearly adjustment. Hours completed prior to February 1 qualify the teacher for one-half of the schedule adjustment for the current contract year.
* * * * * * *
Note: The reader is encouraged to check the index located at the beginning of this
section for other pertinent policies and to review administrative procedures
and/or forms for related information.
Revised: 06/14/2004; 10/09/2006
Legal Refs: §§ 163.172, 168.110 (2), RSMo.
Mo. Const. Art. III, § 38(a), 39(3)
Jefferson City School District, Jefferson City, Missouri
Top of Page