In the interest of encouraging and recognizing outstanding academic achievement, a valedictorian
and salutatorian will be selected for each high school graduating class. The valedictorian and
salutatorian will be selected according to the following procedure:
1. The valedictorian will be the student with the highest grade point average as computed at the
end of eight semesters of high school work.
2. The salutatorian will be the student with the second highest grade point average as computed
at the end of eight semesters of high school work.
3. In case of a tie for valedictorian, co-valedictorians will be honored.
4. In case of a tie for salutatorian, co-salutatorians will be honored.
5. To be eligible for valedictorian or salutatorian honors, a student must attend all of the
sophomore, junior and senior years at Salem High School and must, during the senior year,
carry four or more credits in English, math, science, social studies and/or foreign language.
* * * * * * *
Note: The reader is encouraged to check the index located at the beginning of this section
for other pertinent policies and to review administrative procedures and/or forms for
Last Revised: 10/14/2003
Salem R-80 School District, Salem, Missouri
Top of Page