All persons riding in school district vehicles shall adhere to the following rules. The driver, sponsor
or chaperones are to follow the school bus discipline procedure for student violations of this
procedure, and students who violate these rules may be denied access to school transportation for
a specified period of time in relation to the severity of the violation. Video cameras may be in
operation on the school buses.
1. Bus riders shall be at the designated loading point before the bus arrival time.
2. Bus riders shall wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to enter.
3. Riders must not extend arms or heads out of the windows at any time.
4. Aisles must be kept cleared at all times.
5. All bus riders shall load and unload through the right front door. The emergency door is for
6. A bus rider will depart from the bus at the designated point unless written permission to get
off at a different location is given to the driver.
7. A rider may be assigned a seat by the driver.
8. Riders who damage seats or other equipment will reimburse the district for the cost of the
repair or replacement.
9. Riders are not permitted to leave their seats while the vehicle is in motion.
10. Permission to open windows must be obtained from the driver.
11. Classroom conduct is to be observed by students while riding the bus except for ordinary
12. The driver is in charge of the students and the vehicle, and the driver is to be obeyed
promptly and courteously.
13. A bus rider who must cross the roadway to board or depart from the bus shall pass in front
of the bus (no closer than 10 feet), look in both directions and proceed to cross the road or
highway only on signal from the driver.
14. Students shall not throw objects about the vehicle nor out the windows.
15. Students shall keep feet off the seats.
16. The student discipline code will apply to students using school transportation services. This
includes conduct occurring at or in the close vicinity of a bus stop while students are waiting
for the bus, or immediately after the students have disembarked.
* * * * * * *
Note: The reader is encouraged to review policies and/or forms for related information in this
St. Charles R-VI School District, St. Charles, Missouri
Top of Page